Motorcycle USA Forums : Join the Revolution
  HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumHelp

Motorcycle Message Board - Motorcycle USA > MotorcycleUSA.com! > Scooter > Longest trip on a scooter?  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

Tros
Global Moderator

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Apr 2004
Total Posts : 7362

Posted 7/27/2011 9:33 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
What is the longest trip on a scooter that you have personally accomplished? I hear of impressive stories of people traveling the world on, but I want to hear how far you've gone.

2007 Kawasaki Ninja 650R
"People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost."

Well Enuff
--- Regaining my sanity --- one ride at time

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jul 2006
Total Posts : 1925

Posted 7/28/2011 12:24 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
My biggest day was a tad less than 80 miles. Not too impressive.

Desmolicious
Registered Member

Date Joined Aug 2004
Total Posts : 5507

Posted 7/28/2011 1:45 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I've done a few 200 mile rides. I normally use a moto for big rides, and use the scoots for local rides.
I would like to take my MP3 500 on a big trip though, the bike is set up for it.

Børk! Børk! Børk!

Kz1000st
Registered Member

Date Joined Aug 2008
Total Posts : 351

Posted 8/5/2011 9:36 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I'm stuck at 80 miles for my longest scooter trip. I've done that about five times. I hope to break that soon.

Smitty
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 22123

Posted 9/27/2011 11:30 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Think I knew of an elderly chap with an 80cc Yamaha scooter in the '80s actually mede it down to the usa/Cdn border & back a number of times.  That is a grand total of around well over 100 miles each run there & back again.

Though of interest a chap in Alaska has this 90cc Step through frame Honda (thing of times when "You meet the nicest people on a Honda" was the big thing.

I have seen the bike all packed up to the maximum & he has it mind of riding to some place in South America.  That has left us all stated, some of the 90cc, but that has always been a likeable bike for BEGINNERS( fact is I know of one chap in Penticton city that has the same only in 75cc & rides to work & home in all the riding weather)

The pity that so many feel they need a sleek sportbike as a starter & even to say 250 of 500cc is WAY TO LOW in thinking of their minds.  

Remember all the others on the road are crazy & out to kill you.

Post Edited (Smitty) : 11/24/2011 12:21:16 AM GMT

Tros
Global Moderator

Date Joined Apr 2004
Total Posts : 7362

Posted 9/30/2011 8:01 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Sounds like fun, guys.

2007 Kawasaki Ninja 650R
"People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost."