Motorcycle USA Forums : Join the Revolution
  HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumHelp

Motorcycle Message Board - Motorcycle USA > MotorcycleUSA.com! > Scooter > Buying my first scooter, need advice!  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

CBank30
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Nov 2011
Total Posts : 2

Posted 11/16/2011 5:56 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi all! I am living in South Korea right now and want a nice powerful scooter to commute around the city as well as joyride a bit with my girl. Most of the Scooters here are around 50cc, so I wanted to go with a little more "power"

Currently I am looking into purchasing a 125cc scooter here and was wondering if you guys could give me some advice.

The foreign market for bikes (second hand and on the internet) is VERY low... if you check out Craigslist South Korea you'll find only a sparing number of listings. Conversely, Korean bike sites (like http://www.bikemart.co.kr/) have a wealth of listings, I can navigate the site, but my Korean isn't really good enough yet to compare different bikes or read the owner's descriptions.

Korea has some pretty steep import fees, which make foreign bikes and cars doubly expensive (yes double). My question is, the Korean brand here that makes scooters is Daelim. Some of their competition is KYMCO and SYM, as well as some other companies.

My question to you is: what scooter would you guys recommend buying as a first bike? I'll probably purchase one second hand.

Also, another question: there are currently 2 listings for scooters in my city that I'm interested in: a Dealim 125cc Forte, and a SYM 125cc Camion. The Dealim has 17000KM on it and the SYM has 7100. They're both the same price (~$600usd)

I made this thread in the Newbie boards but it was suggested that I move it here.

Any help would be appreciated!

Kz1000st
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Aug 2008
Total Posts : 351

Posted 11/17/2011 5:05 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
SYM is a superior scooter and with lower mileage it's your best bet.