Motorcycle USA Forums : Join the Revolution
  HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumHelp

Motorcycle Message Board - Motorcycle USA > MotorcycleUSA.com! > Scooter > Red Light on Dash on BMS V9 Evo 150? What does it mean?  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

ThePiglet
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 2011
Total Posts : 1

Posted 12/10/2011 2:56 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I have a BMS V9 Evo150cc. There's a red light on the dash near the spedometer that is always on. The dealer I bought the scooter from said it was due to cell phone interference, but I highly doubt that's correct. I can't find anything in the owner's manual that identifies what the light indicates. Please advise.

Easy Rider 2
Central Illinois / Central Florida

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 2009
Total Posts : 2259

Posted 12/11/2011 12:47 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
ThePiglet said...
 I can't find anything in the owner's manual that identifies what the light indicates. Please advise.
Find a different dealer.  Really.

'06 Suzuki S50 (VS800)
'07 Honda Shadow VLX 600

Kz1000st
Registered Member

Date Joined Aug 2008
Total Posts : 351

Posted 12/12/2011 4:56 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I assume your speedo looks like this.

http://www.scootersus.com/images/IMG_0512.jpg

The red light in the shape of the phone senses cell signals so it alerts you when you have a call. I've heard it comes on when someone nearby gets one too.

Andy VH
Where is the earth shattering kaboom!?

Date Joined Apr 2005
Total Posts : 4952

Posted 12/12/2011 2:05 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Really? A sensor on the controls that tells you when you have a cell phone call coming in? Simply set your cell phone to VIBRATE mode and keep it in a jacket ro shirt pocket. You'll feel it without having to take your eyes off your riding.

A sensor like that is useless in my book. The manufacturer could have put that money spent on something more meaningfull to actual riding. I'm not dissing on your scooter choice or you, but that feature is of little value, so I wouldn't even pay attention to it. For that matter I'd tape over the light or depower it to avoid being distracted by it when riding.

Training, the best safety and performance "equipment" you can get!
Get MSF trained, check out: http://www.msf-usa.org

Easy Rider 2
Central Illinois / Central Florida

Date Joined Dec 2009
Total Posts : 2259

Posted 12/12/2011 6:20 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Andy VH said...
 Simply set your cell phone to VIBRATE mode and keep it in a jacket ro shirt pocket. You'll feel it without having to take your eyes off your riding.
That depends on how fast you are riding, that is, how much vibration you have from wind and engine.

I guess mine doesn't vibrate hard enough 'cause I can't feel it in my shirt pocket when riding.
I just check it every hour or so.

I think it's a pretty slick idea.  Unfortunately it would be pretty useless in an urban environment.......where most scooter useage occurs.

'06 Suzuki S50 (VS800)
'07 Honda Shadow VLX 600