Motorcycle USA Forums : Join the Revolution
  HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumHelp

Motorcycle Message Board - Motorcycle USA > MotorcycleUSA.com! > Scooter > Inability to purchase the new 2012 Honda Integra scooter in the USA.  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

skyking
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jan 2012
Total Posts : 2

Posted 1/3/2012 5:49 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Well Friends , in case any one in the USA was interested in purchasing a new, for 2012 ,Honda Integra, FORGET ABOUT IT !  After many phone calls and e-mails to  many Honda dealers in New York State, I finally was able to speak to the owner of one of the largest Honda cycle dealers in western New  York, today. He stated that not only does he NOT have any 2012 Honda Integras  in stock or on order; but that All  2012 Honda motor cycles and/or scooters have been delivered to his and most other Honda dealers in NYS. He acknowledged European sales have begun, however he does not expect any sales in 2012 ,of this model in the USA.  He offered me a good deal on a Honda Silver Wing; and I said no thanks.     What is it with Honda promising new models of scooters  in the last 10 years or so ; and then never putting them into production !   I hope when they finally build a new scooter for sale in the USA , it's better and more reliable than their word ,that they are going to build a new model ,in the first place!      I guess i'm going to buy my second choice the new 2012 BMW  - C 650 GT scooter. BMW has always delivered what they promised.    Skyking

Easy Rider 2
Central Illinois / Central Florida

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 2009
Total Posts : 2259

Posted 1/4/2012 8:14 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
skyking said...
 it's better and more reliable than their word ,that they are going to build a new model ,in the first place!     
Sounds to me like that chip on your shoulder is SO big that it is putting pressure on your brain.  rolleyes

Incase you haven't heard or noticed........the US economy is in the tank, dealers are hurting and the showrooms are still full of 2010 and 2011 models and older.
For most riders, a bike is a "toy" and toys aren't selling good right now.

A LOT of manufacturers/dealers are in a similar situation, that is not actually having bikes that are available elsewhere (overseas).
Fretting about the situation will only make you ill.
Do the best with what is available.
Ride something and be happy about it.

Not that I expect you to actually see this response.............

'06 Suzuki S50 (VS800)
'07 Honda Shadow VLX 600

Richard47
Registered Member

Date Joined Sep 2004
Total Posts : 5552

Posted 1/4/2012 9:02 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
The Japanese and European manufacturers produce many different models, it isn't practical to market them all in any one market. If there was a strong demand for a particular model I'm sure the importers would do so. I would very much like it if some of the Japanese home market models would find their way to where I live, instead of the predominantly large, powerful machines we currently get. But it's not going to happen and I'm not going to get my knickers in a twist over it. I'll stick to my elderly grey import Honda for a bit longer and hope the value of the Yen goes down sometime so we can get some more eventually. (Oh, the strong Yen is also a reason why we are limited for choice of new machinescry )

Toilet Brush Dog Owner

skyking
Registered Member

Date Joined Jan 2012
Total Posts : 2

Posted 1/4/2012 9:19 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Reply from Skyking to Easy Rider 2 : I guess you are correct. I have a tendency to "vent" my feelings ,without thinking the situation through; but I sure liked the Honda Integra ! I quess I'll wait until early summer before buying anything; to see what develops . SKYKING

tastroman
Daelim S-2 250, Buell Ulysses

Date Joined Sep 2006
Total Posts : 220

Posted 1/13/2012 1:50 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
  Just a hint, KYMCO and SYM are filling the void Honda has left in the scooter market quite nicely. And at a much better price.