Motorcycle USA Forums : Join the Revolution
  HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumHelp

Motorcycle Message Board - Motorcycle USA > MotorcycleUSA.com! > Racing > Yamaha Celebrates 150 GP Wins  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

bmadson
MCUSA Scribbler

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jul 2005
Total Posts : 1039

Posted 7/3/2007 5:05 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
When Valentino Rossi took the checkers at Donington it marked the 150th time a Yamaha has graced the top of the Grand Prix podium in the premier class. Take a look at the past winners with our Yamaha Celebrates 150 GP Wins article.

Kenny
MCUSA - Editorial Director

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Apr 2003
Total Posts : 484

Posted 7/4/2007 5:11 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Ian! Anyone else here like the sight, sound and smell of 2-stroke race-bikes in the morning? Here we have hard to find images of the greatest Yamaha Grand Prix bikes in the history of motorcycle racing and no one has anything to say about them? Heck, I have images of those bad-boys in my house. Check it out...it will make you feel good-good-goood.

I like to think of Jesus like, with giant eagles wings, and singin' lead vocals for Lynyrd Skynyrd with like an angel band and I'm in the front row and I'm hammered drunk!

ianisme
Typical Bloody Brit!

Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 8211

Posted 7/4/2007 5:16 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Well you probably know I have a real soft spot for 2 strokes, and Yamaha have made some crackers over the years. One of these days I'm going to have to hunt down an RD500LC (RZ over here) and piss off the tree huggers with some clouds of blue smoke.

I miss the days of watching heroes like Rainey and Roberts fighting to tame those beasts, but at least we still have the 125s and 250s.

Nothing like fresh milk on one's corn flakes

Richard47
Registered Member

Date Joined Sep 2004
Total Posts : 5552

Posted 7/6/2007 1:28 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
There have only been strokers in my garage for a while (although that may change soon) so you're pushing at an open door here. It was a fine article. That long list of Rossi victories underlines his abilities doesn't it?

Toilet Brush Dog Owner